Topic Search

INTRO

Untold lives of woman, is a woman's journey on the path life has set her on.
A blog about factors that affect the lives of women and where you can find inspiration.
The Un edited side of "life ".Where there is beauty in imperfection and knowing that through the support and wisdom we share with each other .We will help improve not only our own lives but the lives of generations to come.

Thursday, January 5, 2023

EMOTIONAL HEALING

Emotional healing is the process of acknowledging, allowing, accepting, integrating, and processing painful life experiences and strong emotions. It may involve empathy, self-regulation, self-compassion, self-acceptance, mindfulness, and integration.


Many people have a tendency to want to control the process of emotional healing by minimizing the pain and controlling their emotions, but this can actually inhibit the process of emotional healing.

On my own journey of emotional healing I have tried and failed, thought I had learnt ,had to unlearn ,thought I was making progress but only hiding behind a busy schedule.Being afraid to be alone and sit in silence and even been afraid to look in the mirror because I didn't want to see the pain I was carrying.

What I failed to realize at the time is that when we try to resist feeling something painful, we often protract the very pain we’re trying to avoid. Doing so is a prescription for continued suffering. There’s also something about the action of searching that blocks us from what we seek. The constant looking outside of ourselves can keep us from knowing when we hit the target. Something valuable can be going on inside us, but if we’re not tuning in, we can miss it. “What aren’t you willing to see?"

I eventually learned that it was less about what I could or couldn’t see and more about the way I saw things.

I read a quote that said,"The goal of this madness was to intimately come to know the madness of the mind by observing it. I learned how my mind continually taunted me with worst case-scenario thinking and the lie that if I just worried hard enough, I could insulate myself from what I feared most.

However ,just like my previous post I have learnt that I truly can do what I set myself to doing and with that as my frame of mind I changed alot over the years . It is evident through every post on this blog. I have shared my thoughts and my emotions . I have shared my experiences through each post and helped many of you along the way in different ways. 

 The most important areas to work on I have found to be.

Acceptance of the state I am in.

Finding the roots of the problem.

Letting go and accepting forgiveness of self and giving forgiveness

Physical representation of letting go of areas that need to be let go of.

Setting goals.

Starting over when I felt I hadn't let go 

Releasing yourself.

Finding who you are now .



Search This Blog