Topic Search

INTRO

Untold lives of woman, is a woman's journey on the path life has set her on.
A blog about factors that affect the lives of women and where you can find inspiration.
The Un edited side of "life ".Where there is beauty in imperfection and knowing that through the support and wisdom we share with each other .We will help improve not only our own lives but the lives of generations to come.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

IN MY HUMBLE HOME

I DO IT FOR THEM AND  I HOPE THEY KNOW IT.


 Its Monday .I hear the sound of the neighbors cock crowing.
I turn my head and look at my family sleeping beside me.
My son is on the edge of the mattress with his feet ,touching the cold cement floor.
My daughter ,holding on to her mother as they both sleep peacefully.
I lay awake barely covered because i, could only afford one blanket and it barely covers us .
My heart fills with joy .Knowing we have a roof over our heads and ,that last night we had dinner .
In our house, we eat our dinner in one big plate .
That way, we know we are equal and ,we have to be mindful of each spoonful ,we each take.

I have to get ready to leave for work.
I wish i didn't have to .My body still aches from the heavy lifting at  the construction site.
''Mkubwa' is paying us peanuts to build him his families retirement home.
He tells us to be careful and if we get injured ''tujisort.''
Last week, one of the building stones fell on one of our colleagues head and he didn't make it.
To him construction helmets where too expensive.
He paid for his funeral expenses and gave his widow and 4 kids 100,000ksh ''wajisort''

Despite my aches and pains.
I do what i need to do for my family. The little i have is for them.
To ensure we can live in this room , have food to eat and have warm clothes over our body'
During this cold season because, the ''mabati'' roof and walls let in the cold.
I take one more look at them and i almost choke.
They deserve better than what life has served us.
I  give my wife a good bye kiss and as i leave she says
''NAKUPENDA MILELE''

She is the source of my strength and i will do it all for them.
One day i will be a ''mkubwa'' and she will be my queen.
But today my feel and my hands will be covered in red soil 
to ensure until we get there 
our today is better than our yesterday.
 
Dear Kenyans, don't let your actions of today hinder your tomorrows success
.Dear Kenyan woman, keep your man safe and out of harms way you have the power.
Dear Kenyan man, be wise and fight for your family above all else.


Search This Blog